Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Diagnostic Essay; Western Caribbean Cruise


Tyler Smith
August 29, 2009
English 111
Western Caribbean Cruise


By far, the best vacation I have ever been on was a cruise to Jamaica, Haiti, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. It was my first real vacation out of the country and the first with my wife. It was relaxing, sights were pretty cool, and the food was just amazing.


I’ve never really been pampered anywhere like on the cruise. It was nice to be able to relax whenever and wherever I wanted to. I didn’t have to clean, cook, or worry about anything at all. The waiters at dinner treated everyone like royalty, and the housekeepers made sure we had everything we needed.


Next, all of the places we visited were pretty awesome. Between the Mayan ruins in Cozumel, the waterfalls in Jamaica, and the snorkeling in Grand Cayman, the best was the zip line in Haiti. This zip line was 2,600 feet long and 500 feet high. It is also the world’s longest zip line over water. When we took the trip up the mountain we saw a lot of the locals, showing the poverty of the country. Once we got to the top, we harnessed up, and jumped off the platform in the jungle, and soon was over the water, then landed on the beach. I will remember that forever.


Finally, the best part of the vacation was the food. Eating something delicious every meal and every snack I wanted in between, was so good to my stomach. The steak, fish, dessert, drinks, even pizza, were all so good. Even the chocolate from the housekeepers was good. I wish I could eat like that everyday. Eating food from the different countries, and eating food prepared by gourmet chefs was a treat.


This trip was the best I’ve ever been on, and want to go again as soon as I can. If I could, I would try to live that good and that adventurous here, but Virginia is not the Caribbean. I will remember the ports we went to, the relaxation, and the food as if it were yesterday and not last year.
Image courtesy of McLean Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment